Wednesday, March 27, 2024

It's Their Story Stupid !........

               

     For over a decade I have been using Ancestry among other sources and devices to collect all of the information that I possibly could about my family here in the States.  Names are not always the same.  Neither are labels.  Even old stories must stay suspect but far more interesting than loosely collected, always suspect, "facts". 

       Seeking truths that compel you to feel like you know your ancestor personally.  That you find compelling similarities between you even though you have occupied the same place a hundred years apart.  Those are the things that should move you forward on your family tree.  

          Let me share with you an example.  An immigrant on my tree became a successful business man.  He married but his wife and he failed to produce children before she tragically died.  He was broken, wealthy man.  So he "arranged" a second wife for himself via an arranged marriage at the cost of $10,000 prenup.  He had two lovely daughters, although one mysteriously has no Birth Certificate......and the story goes on with drama after a mystery, and a mystery after a drama. 

      I must leave the boredom of statistics and develop what I have uncovered as their unique life stories.  I hope that you will come back to enjoy reading them as much as I have enjoyed discovering them.  CAJ

                

  Next:  Sister Stories             


No comments:

Post a Comment

It's Their Story Stupid !........

                     For over a decade I have been using Ancestry among other sources and devices to collect all of the information that I p...