Friday, August 6, 2021

First Puzzle Pieces




This is part of the photograph that makes up the backdrop for this blog. The photo that has "haunted" me for over a decade. I have copied it.  I have dissected it. Thanks to some good people who are both family and friends that I made along the way; I can now say, "I think I have the photo's origins and surrounding story." Or at least most of it. 

The couple seated left of center is Stella and Andrew Brzezinski and since the photo was found in the attic of a member of the Brzezinski family it seemed a safe assumption that this was a celebration surrounding their wedding. 

Stella Kurzynowski was born November 28, 1897 in Jackson, Michigan.  She was the eldest daughter of Juljan Kurzynowski and Mary Chlebus Kurzynowski, Russian Poles from Suwalki who came to the U.S. in May of 1892 with their infant son Bernard.

Andrew Brzezinski was born in Poland on November 22, 1892 and arrived in the United States on August 8 1907.       * Note the reference to Blackstone St. in Jackson, Mich.



They were married on December 28, 1913 making her 16 and him 21.  They lived long happy lives and produced many children, Grandchildren, and Great-Grandchildren.



The rest of the individuals will be identified as time goes on and I can add more facts that have led to my ultimate conclusions about not only this photo but others and the amazing story of my family behind it.

Just a quick side note;  I had the good fortune to visit with the Brzezinski's son, Joe when I first started my dive into my family's past in Jackson. (2007)  This is what he had to say about his mother:  

Me:  Your Mother was very beautiful.

Joe:  Yes, yes she was and she knew it. LOL

Me:   How About your Grandmother?  What do you remember about her?

Joe:  I was told that Grandma Mary owned the first car north of Michigan Ave and she drove me in it to my Baptism at St. Joe's.
Other than that she didn't like us kids leaving the neighborhood.

Stop by again for more unraveling of the story behind the "photo from the attic".


Clue to take note of.....The year of their wedding......






No comments:

Post a Comment

It's Their Story Stupid !........

                     For over a decade I have been using Ancestry among other sources and devices to collect all of the information that I p...